Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Unit will not shut off with furnace

I have both a Goodman furnace and A/C unit. About a week ago we noticed the vents were blowing cool air when the furnace was on. Today I noticed the A/C unit was still running, and when I shut it off using the outside breaker, we had heat again. Today I replaced the filter, changed the batteries, and removed the Y wire going off what I read on other sites. The Thermostat is an Energystar VT 1005R. All units were installed 2009. I looked at the Contactor, and it looked to be in good shape.

I also have a single lit Red light on through the site glass on the furnace.

Comment

heres your answer

short in the low voltage wire. pull a new wire from the thermostat to the furnace. a new thermostat line is needed.

Comment

If your thermostat is programmable you need to make sure its programmed right, I just fixed a problem with a customers house that was turning on the outside a/c unit with the furnance because he programmed it for a heat pump and he didnt have one. Reprogrammed it for 1 heat and 1 a/c and it functioned properly

Comment

Working...
        X
        =