Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 Heater Issue

My Monitor 422 heater runs like a dream when it's 35 degrees or more outside. Anything colder and the heater will ignite, burn for a few minutes, then blank out. I've tried both an outside tank and using the internal tank. The heater has been serviced completely (just two weeks ago), but no one can figure it out. Any ideas?

monitor

the outside temperature has nothing to do with the combustion of kerosene inside. check the air path through the double walled exhaust/inlet. this could be the only thing that is causing problems. if there is a small ice blockage inside, that could contribute to the small flame inside the heater. at the inlet to the combustion blower there is a damper fitting, marked "standard" there may be some crap which reduces the air flow stuck in there.

Comment

what exactly was serviced ? did it run ok prior to that ?

Comment

heater servicing

yeah we want to know if the sump was fully taken apart and cleaned out because if there's any of that brown crap inside, the needle valve and fuel pump may have a blockage in it.

Comment

Followed your advice and cleaned all these areas. I also removed the suction cover and discovered that the motor was caked with dust and grim. After cleaning, it's been running very well. The damper inside the suction cover was sticking, but after working it a little, it started to spring properly. Fingers crossed. Thank you for your help!

Comment

monitor

there are some areas that service people just over look. the blower is just one of those areas. its good you took it apart and cleaned the fins and motor.
            I guess you're off to a good running machine.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =