Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hvac student in need of help

Hi I'm a hvac student and am trying to work on my own mini split by solusair (piece of junk) but I had a couple questions
    1st my system from blower is only blowing ambient I hooked up my gauge to high n low and got no reading on high side but low was below 0 in the 30 range runs on r22
    2nd my compressor during this stage was so hot it was 130 and counting so I disconnected from the disconnect box could it have been because I have now refrigerant in my system also when I went to connect the low side the valve was not covered would that cause it to leak refrigerant and being no refrigerant would my compressor be that hot and what could the affects be please and thanks

a/c

do you have regular schrader ports for accessing the system or do you use an adapter valve to the access port?
    with the unit off and ports open you should read equal pressures on both high and low.
    with the unit on the low should drop to around 50, 0-70 being the optimum range. the high should go up to around 352 give or take.
    lack of refrigerant will pull a vacuum on the system as evidenced by a 0 or less reading.
    add gas to the system until you read a positive pressure.
    if you have a charging cylinder for oil, add a couple of ounces of moisture free mineral oil through the low side very slowly.
    the compressor might clang a little bit because as you know, a liquid cannot be compressed.
    watch your condenser temperature and superheat.

Comment

More feed back please

Comment

a/c

Once you have figured you have no leaks in the system, purchase a vacuum pump capable of pulling at least 30 inches of vacuum and hitch it up to your system, turn it on and keep it pumping for 24 hrs, then shut it off and read your gauges.
        your blue gauge should not vary off 30 inches. if it does you have leaks which you have to find.
        easiest way is to use bottled nitrogen inside the tubings. any leaks will show up by using a bubble detection liquid.
        nitrogen doesn't attract moisture and is dry by its own nature.
        use a high pressure to low pressure regulator to connect to the system. you don't want to go over 350 lbs on the high side.

Comment

Patdeisel, i dont mean to discourage you but if you dont understand the basics of that system or basic refrigeration then i can only see things getting worse for you, especially without the tools and knowledge to repair it.
          You say you are an HVAC student, is there anyone locally that can help you ?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =