Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nortron 21B20H Elements will not kick in

I need the part #s of the sequencers on my furnace. Had a meltdown, had to replace them. They didn't have the right one. we made a triple switch work. this year when I turned on the furnace the transformer failed . replaced it. furnace now starts but elements won't turn on. starting to get, HELP

the sequencers operate on 24 volt ac off the thermostat. you should have a diagram on their timing cycle.
    what do you mean you had a melt down? the heat elements of just the sequencers?

Comment

sequencer melt down

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      the sequencers operate on 24 volt ac off the thermostat. you should have a diagram on their timing cycle.
      what do you mean you had a melt down? the heat elements of just the sequencers?
      I had a sequencer melt down 2 years ago and the parts place didn't have the right one and it was -40!!! they sold me another that had two switches, told me how to wire it. first of all I would like to put back the sequencers the furnace came with, and then make it work. I am trying to find a wiring diagram.

Comment

ok. a sequencer is nothing but a high capacity switch that turns on or off with a time delay.
        please watch this video on you tube: How a furnace sequencer works - YouTube
        this will explain how it works.
        your sequencer will have up to six intervals or less depending on how many heating elements you have.
        the line and load wires will always be larger than the control circuit.
        the first sequencer will turn on the blower and the first set of elements. there's a terminal for the next sequencer input and a set of terminals for the next element and so on.
        what you purchase for sequencers is really up to you insofar as manufacturer and load data [amps]

Comment

NORTRON is a furnace manufactured by BROAN
          Check out the following PDF sheet. It has the broan part numbers
          ebhdirect.com/customer/ebhoso/documents/.../127655_spe.pdf
          You might need to do a cross reference to locate these sequencers.
          here is a canadian supplier for broan/nortron:
          Buy Broan HVAC Sequencer at Amre Supply - Property Performance Centres with 13 locations across Canada
          Last edited by HayZee518; 09-22-2014, 07:11 PM. Reason: added supplier

Comment

so far so good. thanks for all this info. how exactly do I get this pdf. do I have to sign for anything or not.

Comment

a PDF document is readable via the ADOBE reader. You d/l the program then double click on the PDF document and it will open. Its totally free.

Comment

I replaced the transformer because it was not working. Furnace then started. should I say the fan went on when the thermostat called for heat, but the elements did not start. I then replaced the first sequencer, elements still don't start. there is just the 240v fan relay, the 24v relay or the thermostat. any ideas. dave

Comment

ok, you've got the picture of a typical furnace.
                  I hope you have a tester of some sort that will measure 240 volts.
                  On that picture, the right side of all elements are connected together on the one line lug. the other line lug has multiple wires each of which goes to each sequencer and fan [hot side of relay] the other side of the relay [or sequencer] has one wire to a heater element.
                  the 24 volt goes to the thermostat - out the thermostat to the first relay coil which is also the blower relay. the next relay has a wire going to its coil from the first but only after a delay to turn on. next relay and next relay etc comes on after a delay.

Comment

Thanks for your time. I finally found an open circuit when the thermostat was calling for heat, the fan was running but no heat. It was between W1 and G. I had 27v when it should have been 0. Bought a new thermostat and I got heat. once again Thanks, Radar

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =