Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why won't this dang thing go off

i just bought my first house and just moved in. my furnace is a Carrier OB5AXAO24000AAAA. i know nothing about these things except i they are suppose to shut off every once in a while. well, that's the problem with mine, it doesn't go off. i have done a couple of things one of them being, removed the thermostat from the wall completly and the dang thing is still running. it's not the fan like everyone keeps asking, b/c i can hear it kick on and off when i move the switch from Auto to On. any help would be appritiated.

and when it's 67 in the house and i have it set on 70, it's blowing out kinda cold to room temp air. and the pilot light is lit.
    ?????????????????

Comment

can you send me the schematic for the unit. having a blueprint would make troubleshooting a lot easier. send to my personal email address.

Comment

If you take the wires off the board will it turn off ?? That fan kick on and off from off to auto is just the speed change. Blows cold air?Does the burner go on and off? Air filter clean?

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
        My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

ok i found out that the burner is operating correctly. it goes on and off when it's supposed to, however it's the low speed on the fan that keeps running.i was home all day sat. and it did go off twice for a total of about 2 hours but ran all the other time. i had the guy who did my "home inspection" come back out and he discontected the wire that runs the fan, and it kept going there is a wiring diagram on the back of the front pannel and it has some kind of "factory jump" between a couple of points and that's what he said he didn't understand. oh and i put a new air filter in the day after i moved in (a week ago)

Comment

does this thing have more than 1 filter[?]

Comment

Working...
            X
            =