Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace shut off

I had my furnace shut off a month ago and I had a tech come in and look at it. He reset the draft hood switch(?) and the furnace began working again. Now the furnace has shut off again and I am sure the problem is the same as before. What would cause this to happen and what needs to be done to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

It helps a lot to know just what you have there what brand Lp or Nat gas oil ???? then some one can help you here.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

The furnace uses natural gas. I do not have any of the specs for the furnace-the furnace is in a rental property in a different town.

[/quote]

Comment

Many times the back draft switch trips when someone burns something in the kitchen and turns on an exhaust fan to clear out the smoke while the furnace is on. The negative pressure in the house caused by the exhaust fan draws the hot flue gasses back down the flue, passing by and around the back draft switch.

If you know that didn't happen I would check for an obstruction in the flue pipe and make sure there is plenty of "make up air" in the furnace room.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =