Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vinyl windows icing up on the room side

I built a new home in michigan . I am having a major problem with my windows and inadequate heating to several rooms. Here is a picture from some of my vinyl windows during the coldest period in Dec.2005 in Ypsilanti, Michigan (Temperature were 0'F - 20'F). All of them are doing it.

http://www.homerepairforum.com/images/uploads/2005-2-24_windows_pictures_001_(2)_w550.jpg[/img]

The following things have been done to eliminate the problem but have not worked:
    1. Blew more insulation in the attic.
    2. Cleaned the windows to make sure they close tightly.
    3. Checked the furnace and duct work - air flow, negative pressure, and etc..
    4. Checked for high or more than average humidity.- No problem found
    5. Changed the Furnace Filter.

Several rooms at times are 7-10 degrees lower than what my thermostat is set to.

Note: During the month of December 2005, my thermostat was set to 78 degrees and still several rooms did not get over 71 degrees.

The builder and window manufacturer said the windows are manufactured and installed properly.

What do you think? thanks for your help we are freezing!!!.
    [V]

You have lots of ifs ifs here. Is this over a crawl space? insulation in the joist? Dont hold the heat what was the heat loss for the home when they ran it for furnace size????? Are the windows all thermopane just what is the humidity running in the home.

Several rooms at times are 7-10 degrees lower than what my thermostat is set to. Id say bad duct work here for the home

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Imeduc,

Thanks for chiming in. No, this is not over a crawl space. This is the whole house. I'm assuming the furnace is sized correctly because the builder has built this house in several subdivisions for a few years. The windows are thermopane and my hygrometer has not measured humidity over 35%. Here are some specs on the windows:

U-Factor4
      .49 .50

R-Value
      2.00 2.04

Inside Glass temp

Relative Humidity Condesation point

thanks for you help.

Were you able to see the pictures I posted?

Comment

No the picture would not come up for me.

ED

Comment

Are the heat ducts or baseboard located below the windows?

with an inside temp of 45 deg at the windows there is no way to prevent condensate

Comment

LazyPup,

Yes, the heat vents are underneath the windows except for Master Bathroom. The master bath vent is about 6 feet away and it is the worse room of the all. Now I under condensation but ICE!!! I still do not understand that part. thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =