Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox 80MGF2 problem

I have a Lennox heater installed in my house, and over the past year, it has started running oddly. Last night it stopped forcing air through the ducts almost entirely. I have a digital programmable thermostat that was installed about 4 years ago. I have noticed that the air coming through the vents recently has been pretty weak, and was almost non-existent in the back of the house. Last night, it stopped blowing all over. There is a faint slightly warm breeze, but that is it. The fan seems to be running fine, but is not pushing any air. I opened a little panel, and saw that the filter is pretty dirty. Could this dirty filter be the cause of it all?

Please help, as I have two little children, pets, and I live in one of the coldest spots around. Only 49 degrees in our house this morning.

The dirty filter could be your problem, your furnace isn't getting any air and needs it. You'll also be shortening the life of your furnace by having a dirty filter, this allows dirt to get into the heat exchanger, the blower and the ductwork. During the heating season you should check your filter monthly and replace if it's dirty. It sounds like your furnace is due for a cleaning and a tuneup. Call and schedule an appointment with an HVAC tech.

Comment

A dirty filter would defitely cause a problem like yours.

If you can see a layer of dirt on the filter that would be the same as stretching a blanket over the intake.

If you have AC and the system is allowed to run with dirty filters microscopic bits of dust and debris will pass through the filter and get caught in the condensate water on the coils that forms a mud, which is then drawn deep into the fins and will eventually dry in place which will obstruct your air flow as well.

Running either the heat or AC with dirty filters not only reduces the efficiency of the machine it will also cause a tremendous increase in utility cost, not to mention it will eventually cost a hundred dollars of so to have a technician chemically clean the coils.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =