Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C runs while furnace is running?

Hi my a/c runs if I turn my heat on at night. Any advice. thanks

Need more info here.gas oil heatpump?Anyone work on the tstat???? did you check the tstat wires all over. If you pull Y off the tstat does it still do it.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying. It is a gas powered 90+ forced air furnace. No one has worked on the stat. When you say check the wires do you mean at the furnace too? I pulled the Y off and the that did stop the central air.
      quote:Originally posted by imeduc

Need more info here.gas oil heatpump?Anyone work on the tstat???? did you check the tstat wires all over. If you pull Y off the tstat does it still do it.

ED

Comment

If you pull the Y off at the tstat and it dont run then it could be in the tstat there . Ok now if you want pull W off the tstat, put Y back and you should have only cool.

ED

Comment

thanks again for replying. So what you're basically saying is if I buy a new stat that should fix it. thanks

If you pull the Y off at the tstat and it dont run then it could be in the tstat there . Ok now if you want pull W off the tstat, put Y back and you should have only cool.

ED

Comment

I cant say that for sure from here . But it sounds like it could be.
            Look on the wire schematic there that you have. If the AC runs when you call for heat and dont run when you call for heat and pull Y off it sounds like its in the tstat.

ED

Comment

Alright, I'll invest in a new stat and keep you updated. Thanks a bunch Ed. Lenny

I cant say that for sure from here . But it sounds like it could be.
              Look on the wire schematic there that you have. If the AC runs when you call for heat and dont run when you call for heat and pull Y off it sounds like its in the tstat.

ED

Comment

check out this thread might help

Comment

Working...
                X
                =