Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Keeps Running

My air handler unit runs without the thermostat being on. It doesn't do it all the time, but only occassionaly, about twice a week. Dont know how to remedy this problem, someone told me that I had a timer built into the system, if this is true how do I adjust it. Thanks

Need more info here what is it a furnace just an AC in the attic or basement heatpump Gas oil ????? info info

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Sorry about not enough info. I have a trane heating and air system. The furnace/airhandler is located in my garage with the heatpump outside the home on a concreate slab. It is an electric furnace. Just the air handler comes on no heat or ac. Heat and AC works when they are activated. It has a electonic air filter system and I have a honeywell digital thermostat. The thermostat doesn't say anything about the airhandler coming on for ventilation purposes. Thermostat indicates the fan is on auto not on. Like I said before, someone told me that it was possible the unit in the garage had a built in timer system, just curious on where and how to adjust. Thanks

Comment

Dont know how new this all is On some new tstat they do turn on the blower on now and then to just move the air around in the home. Then some of the blower relays have a time off is all not time on. When its on is the outside unit on?? can you be going in to defrost??? You have a lot of ifs ifs here to look at.You say EAC filter there down the line you might want to go to a good pleated filter and take that out. Yes they do work good for a day are two after you wash them then they are no good. To make the EAC work good you have to wash it every 4 or 5 days.

ED

Comment

Working...
        X
        =