Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furnace airflow pressure

I have a 1 year old furnace and it doesn't seem to blow the heat or a/c out of the register strong enough. this problem didn't just start but has been a problem ever since it was installed, new house.

is there anything i can do to the furnace to increase the air pressure?

if a furnace, the blower and ducting are all sized properly you shouldnt feel a strong blast of air. If the air motion is tooo strong it causes drafts and stratification of temperatures. In order to test it they would need to compute the room volume then measure the CFM.

When properly sized the air flow should be sufficient to exchange all the air in the room 2 to 3 times per hour, thus a room 12 x 12 with 8ft ceiling would be 12 x 12 x 8 =1152cu/ft with 2 exchanges per hour would be 1152 x 2 = 2304 cu.ft/hr. 2304cu.ft/hr divided 60 min. = 38.4cu.ft/min

The 38.4cu.ft/min would then need to be divided by the number of outlets in the room, thus if you had two outlets the airflow at one outlet would be 38.4/2 = 19.2cu.ft/min

To give you some visual on that, it would be a volume of air approximately equal to the size of your refrigerator in one minute so as you can see, it should not really feel like a strong blast of air.

Comment

Have you checked what speed the blower is on there.

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
      My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =