Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-install?

My 38-yr-old AC compressor lew out (good old Lennox)and it couldn't have happened at a worse time..lost my jo in a layoff...anyhoo, a friend is getting me a wholesale Arcoaire. The spouse is very mechanically gifted..other than charging the freon, do you think this is a project we can handle? We've done major home projects...and this will use existing wiring...

If not...any idea how much an installer will charge?

Susan

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

I'll start here. The laws have steep penalties imposed on you if you attempt to touch the "Sealed System" portion of the installation process if you do not carry the proper certification to handle CFC's.
    This means you can not do anything other than hook up electrical to that unit.

Your friend can get you wholesale equipment, Then he should know someone in the field with the proper certifications that would do the job with little cost to you.

Too many good people in these United States feel you pain.

My advise shop around get prices on the install. I am sure someone will come around to help you out.

Best of luck

16x80

Comment

need help looking for a wireing schematic for a older Day & night forced air heater. Transformer removed do not know how to re-wire, can you help. Self help

self help

Comment

Papa,

This furnace is a United Technologies product. It is exactly the same as Bryant, Carrier and Pane. A dealer for any one of these products should have whatever information you need. Try going on line to U.T. and see if they have anything you can access.

If it is heat only, you just connect 4 wires, 2 primary (line voltage) and two secondary (24 volts). The wiring diagram is in the box. If it is heat and cooling, and the furnace is old enough, you will need a "fan-center". That is a combination transformer and fan relay. the wiring diagram is also included in the box here too.

George

Comment

Working...
        X
        =