Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking from vents

I have a two year old system and water has start leaking from two of the vents. Could anyone give me suggestions as to what could be causing this. I change my filters once a month and I had the unit clean in April.

Thanks L

I assume you have an central air unit. have you checked to see if the drain pan and/or drain is clear of any debris,crud,etc.?

Comment

Check the insulation around where the ducts connect to the "boot." If your insulation has setteled this could be the cause

Brandon
      - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon
      - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

What type of duct are we talking about? Is it insulated? Is the duct in an unconditioned space. The reason I ask is that metal duct in an unconditioned space if left uninsulated will sweat.

Comment

Check the air filter,,if the filter is dirty it will cause the evaporator to super cool which will increase condensation. If left in that condition it will cause the evaporator to ice up and could cause serious damage to the system.

Comment

Might be your insulation that is bad as said, hot air in attic and cold ducts making contact will cause condensation.

HiltonTech

Comment

Working...
            X
            =