Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASEBOARD HEAT

Hi guys this is my first post. I have an all electric house w/ baseboard heat. All rooms has it's own thermostat, all rooms are working fine except for my dinning and living room which shares a thermostat. I check the breaker and it's on cause the rest of the house heats up. I tried changing to a programmable thermostat and can't seem to get it. The old thermostate was a honywell and it had 4 wires 2 red and 2 black, the new programmable one only has 2 wires (red and black). Can anyone tell me what to do with the other 2 wires? it's not mark so I don't know what they go to or should I just combine then together (or will that cause trouble)

Programmable thermo is (LUX ELV1/PSPLV510)

philly0128

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

The baseboard type heat works off of line voltage (120v) not low voltage like a regular furnace or AC. You need to use both reds to the red lead and both blacks to the black lead!

I just read the installation instructions for that thermostat and I believe you may not be able to use the one thermostat for both heaters! Ask Lux Customer service http://www.luxproducts.com/contact_us.htm before you hook up both units to the one stat!

16x80

Comment

thank you, you confirm what I was thinking but what about this I just found on the lux site.

"Four LOW VOLTAGE wires were attached to the existing thermostat for a heat only system, and two of the wires operate clock or timer and the other two operate the heater. Tape off the clock wires. Do not install them on any of our thermostats. Install the remaining two wires, one to W and the other to RH. The jumper can remain or be removed connecting RH to RC.

I just had the regular thermostats on these, I know with baseboard they cut off and on, so does that mean it has a timer? also on the site it said don't connect same colors to same colors, attach the Letter with it's letter, but there is none no letters on them.

PS: I fully check my breakers and everything is on, breakers don't have fuses do they cause I can't figure out why all baseboard in the house works except for the dinning and living room, they did last yr.[?]

Comment

Working...
      X
      =