Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my gas furnace

This is an extremely old boiler made by National U.S. Radiator.

I'm having a problem with the thermostat on the 1st floor not working correctly.

It has a low water cutoff(red n white wires),Thermostat (red n white wires) and another box on the back of the furnace that controls the pounds of pressure(red n white wires)I think.

when I place the temp. at the thermostat at 70 degrees it wont turn on, so then I go downstairs and have to touch wires to a screw on the furnace and it works, but then the furnace heats the house to 80 degrees and won't shut off and I have to go back downstairs and take the wire off.

Is there a problem with the wiring to this???

The red and white wires from the low water cutoff connect with the red wire from the control for the lbs. of pressure and are connected to a screw.

Then the white wire from the lbs. of pressure is connected to the white wire from the thermostat(by the way this combo wire is not connected to anything on the furnace.

And to end it all, the red wire from the thermostat is connected to a screw on the left front side.

Is there anyway that the white wires should be connected to that screw, if so then where does that red wire connect to from the thermostat.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME, I'm disabled and walking up n down these cellar steps are getting to me. The furnace has got to be nearly 40 years old.

Thank You
Working...
X
=