Digital Thermostat

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kidtk
    New Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 1

    #1

    Digital Thermostat

    I live in a brand new home in New Mexico. I have a heating system and a Swamp Cooler. I am trying to replace the old thermostat for the heater which was connected with 2 wires ( Red and a White wire). There are a total of 6 wires all together and nothing is marked. The RED wire was connected to the labeled part R and the WHITE wire was connected to the labeled part W. THis old thermostat was the one where you moved the lever to the degree you wanted. The DIGITAL thermostat I bought has instructions for 2 wire MILLIVOLT, 24VAC PLUS "C" Wire, 3 Wire PLUS " C " Wire... Obviously it was hooked up via the 2 wire before but how can i tell what the other wires are if they arent labled. Again I have a swamp cooler and it has its own control panel separate from this. The 6 wires included RED, WHITE, BLUE, YELLOW, BROWN, GREEN. Are any of these the C wire and how can I tell. I would like to thank whoever in advance for help...

    Jason

Trending

Collapse

  • hawkins111
    Laser 730 over firing
    by hawkins111
    Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
    The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
    11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
  • 911Restoration
    Fireplace Woes
    by 911Restoration
    Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
    09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
Working...