Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel oil furnace blower won't push heat

My fuel oil furnace won't push the heat through my duct work. If you go to the furnace and feel the duct work it is hot, but there seems to be little heat coming out of the registers directly above it. Is there a way that I can fix this myself? I know where the blower motor is on the furnace.

Thank you!

Have you changed the air filter ?. They can get plugged with dust and crud and will obstruct air flow. Also make sure no dampers in the duct have closed, thus preventing air flow to these areas. Hube

Comment

I took the air filter out because it does need changed. It seemed to have helped a little bit. I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the blower a little bit to help it push the air through the duct work. It seems to be running slow.

Thank you for your help.
      Toni

Comment

Was the speed of the blower ok last winter, or did this just suddenly occur? Also, best to put a new filter in, you won't do the furnace or duct any good by running witout one. Post back with description of fan as to belt driven (pulley),? or motor with speed taps,? and i will explain how. Hube

Comment

Working...
        X
        =