Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c drip pan full

why is my a/c drip pan full of water and overflowing? i've included a few pics to help explain. i've checked for cloggs in the tube coming out of the pan and it seems to be fine. i used a bicycle pump and air easily rushes through. i stuck a metal coat hanger down the tube that goes into the floor to check for a clog and it seems to stop just below where the other one meets, i think their is another bend their??? anyway, it's been 101 degrees so i'm sure the a/c has been runnng alot.
    Last edited by noknowledge; 08-22-2007, 07:44 PM.

its normal to have condensate in the drip pan. the a/c is doing its job of dehumidifying the air. does your drip pan discharge anywhere or is it a close pan with no outlet?

Comment

can you see were the pipe exits the house?? i would guess a clog but with the set up there you would be better off trying to blow it from the discharge end..
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
        its normal to have condensate in the drip pan. the a/c is doing its job of dehumidifying the air. does your drip pan discharge anywhere or is it a close pan with no outlet?
        did the pics not show up? i think they would explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Java_Bob View Post
          can you see were the pipe exits the house?? i would guess a clog but with the set up there you would be better off trying to blow it from the discharge end..
          i did find where it exits the house outside and was told to spray the hose up it from the outside and try to unclog it............that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by noknowledge View Post
            i did find where it exits the house outside and was told to spray the hose up it from the outside and try to unclog it............that didn't work.

try from inside then, but you will need to plug that connection on that pan, and feed the hose down too that Tee fitting
            Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Originally posted by Java_Bob View Post
              try from inside then, but you will need to plug that connection on that pan, and feed the hose down too that Tee fitting
              that's what i just finished doing and it worked. thanks.

Comment

Late Post Here

The picture posted has other issues.

First of all the drip pan is for emergency leaks and should not be full of water at all times.

If the pan has water in it, it is a indicator that the primary drain line is obstructed. Water is backing up back into the evaporator coil and draining from the bottom into the pan.

In the picture, the red plug is intended to the secondary drain line which should not be blocked. This should have a PVC pipe attached to this opening and be directed to the drain pan with an air gap.

The primary drain present in the picture also should have a condensate trap present.

When that emergency drain pan rust out due to that moisture its going to be an expensive repair, because the unit will have to be raised to re-install the pan. BIG money.

JMHO

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X
                =