Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquastat for Peerless Boiler

Help Me Please!!

I need to replace the aquastat on my 1980 peerless boiler. The description is: Honeywell R8182D 1012. Everywhere I have looked, and all the people I have talked with say this unit never existed with the 1012 extension. When I ask for a replacement, they say I can not get a replacement without a crossreference to the 1012, which they say doesnt exist. This is a catch 22.

Can someone out there tell me if Honeywell R8182D 1079 will work in this application? That is the closest thing that I can find

Thanks,

Jesse East

Your looking at the wrong end of the problem.

Get the model number off your Peerless boiler and have your supplier see what aquastat it requires.

Comment

You are so right. Here is the info::: Peerless JO-4 WPCT JO-56012.

Can anyone help determine the required aquastat?

Thanks

Jesse East

Comment

went to a site that has honeywell. here's what they got:
        Aquastat
        Honeywell R8182D1079 aquastat controlle R8182D1079 Y $326.04
        Honeywell R8182H1070 aquastat controlle R8182H1070 Y $366.52
        Control
        Honeywell R8182J1042 aquastat controlle R8182J1042 Y $321.81

Comment

Thanks HZ518.

The 1079 shows all the right components to match up to my 1012. However, the 1079 does not show the 2 screws in the lower left hand corner for the CAD SULF Sensor----there are just a couple of slots there. Does one just poke the two wires from the sensor into these slots, and call it good?

Thanks,

Jesse East

Comment

Get two 1/4 inch spade terminals or whatever size you can determine they are and crimp them onto the Cad cell wires then insert them into the spade terminal slots.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =