Proper Roof Venting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sc419795
    New Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 2

    #1

    Proper Roof Venting

    I am going to add 12 inches of blown in insullation to my roof this weekend. Currently have 8-10. I checked the eve venting just now - looked like the building stapled the plastic inserts to the bottom of the plywood roof then backed up each plastic insert with bat insulation. The 8-10 inches was then blown in. Seems I have these plastic inserts about every 3 bays (16 inch on center).

    Are these inserts providing sufficient air flow from my overhange up through the roof vents? I cannot easily get to these plastic inserts but could probably wedge a 1x4 or something like that down there to try and open them up a bit.

    Our heating costs are unusually high so I am thinking the additional 12 inches has to help - but also understand that proper venting is also needed.

    Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

Trending

Collapse

  • hawkins111
    Laser 730 over firing
    by hawkins111
    Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
    The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
    11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
  • 911Restoration
    Fireplace Woes
    by 911Restoration
    Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
    09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
Working...