Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weathermaker 8000 furnace problem

I have a Weathermaker 8000 furnace, model 58WAV. The furnace is cycling when the filter is in, runs for 3-4 minutes, shuts-off, then immediately fires back up again. This will continue until the desired temp is reached. The filter is brand new! When I remove the filter, the furnace runs normally and doesn't cycle. My guess is that the furnace is over-heating with the filter due to inadequate air-flow. I checked my ducts for blockages and found nothing. I replaced the limit switch and cleaned the flame sensor but this didn't seem to help. Any ideas on what I can do next?

try changing the filter media to a less dense material.

Comment

The filter is the cheapest, least dense one on the market? Any other ideas?

Comment

Check your return air duct grilles to see if any are obstructed by furniture or personal belongings. It could be that one or more of the grilles are partially obstructed and the airflow is already critical, thus the filter then becomes the straw that breaks the camels back.

Comment

I checked the return air grilles/ducts last night and there are no blockages. All the heat vents are open and clean. Is it okay to run the furnace without a filter? NO is probably the answer! I've had two service companies come out to check the furnace but they haven't solved the issue.

Comment

I don't see why not! if you have a lot of in-air dust then it could be a health issue but otherwise go for it!

Comment

I'm not a furnace expert but I had those problems...if it's not the flame sensor and the furnace is cycling on and off..you should check the options on your thermostat...some options can cycle your furnace 5 times an hour
              I set mine to +/-0.5 degrees C fixed span...which means it works on your temperature and does not cycle

Comment

Working...
              X
              =