Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan/Blower 'ON' all the time

I tried to change my old dial thermostat to a new Honeywell digital thermostat. My system has 5 wires. Red, Yellow, White, Green and Black. I understand the red, yellow, white, and green (it is labelled in the Honeywell schematic). But the Black one is not; the black wire is hooked to the old dial thermostat labelled TC. I corrected this black wire to the new Honeywell digital thermostat and when I turn the system back on (circuit breaker switch to 'ON'); the fan ran continuously with fan switch in the ON and Auto positions. I reinstalled the old dial thermostat but the fan still runs at both ON and Auto.

Did I fry some relays or the circuit board in the furnance?
    Any suggestion will be apprepiated.

You have given very little info in order to advise properly...Was this black wire hooked upon the old one? In other words, did the old one require a 5 wire hook-up? When you hooked up the new one, what terminal did you hook this black wire to.? What type therm do you have now?What make/model was the old one? Is your heating unit Forced air gas/oil with air only? (no heat pump) Post back with info and we will advise further, Hube

Comment

fan willnot shut off

Comment

Working...
      X
      =