Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Fan will not turn off

I have a forced air gas furnace that is only four years old and has never had a problem. I use it very rarely as we have mild winters and I have fire place. I have changed nothing recently on the furnace. Turned it on the other evening on auto at 65 and went to bed. Woke up several hours later to a house that was about 90 degrees and realized that the fan never switched off. Checked several times since and tried to see what is wrong. Fan still never shuts off. Any ideas?

You say the fan never shuts off, but is the burner cycling when it does this? The burners action will cause the fan to come on and off as the unit reaches a controlled temperature setting. Post back with a more defined detail as to the cycle and fan operation. Are the thermostats battery's still good (if required) Hube

Comment

I hope I know enough to answer your questions. I believe the cycle is turning on, because there is heat blowing continuously. As I said before, it blew heat until the temperature in the house was about 95 degrees. I don't believe the thermostat uses batteries, it is connected directly into the wall.
      The model of funace is a Bryant.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =