Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter location Bryant Plus 90 gas furnace

Help!

Alright, so I'm an idiot, but can't locate where the filter is in my Bryant Plus 90 furnace. There is no adjacent filter box like some models. Would it be inside the furnace itself? (Haven't opened it.) Do I turn off the power first to look there? To the right of the furnace are a couple of large, boxy insulation-wrapped sections. A filter isn't hidden in there. And I know there's no filter at the wall vent nearest the furnace. Called a local company & the guy said: "Filter could be anywhere. Depends on where installer put it." Mr. Helpful.... The previous owner of the house was vague where it was. (Have a feeling someone else did it for him.) If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate. (No, don't have instruction book that came with it.) Thanks, Karen.

Might Seem Like A Wierd Place For A Filter Pad But Check The Ductwork Leaving The Furnace. Maybe There's A Sheet Metal Door In The Exit Plenum. Could Also Be There Never Was A Filter For It.

Comment

Filter where are you

Take the bottom panel off the furnace if there is no filter setup inside of the cabinet look from the inside out and see if there is anything in the return plenum box if not there and not in your wall, floor or ceiling grille whatever the case may be then it ain't there and if it ain't there then you need to be thinking about cleaning a coil if you have ac and finding a way to get a filter in that system.
      Beer is not just for breakfast anymore...

Comment

if you have access to a press brake you can make your own filter carrier frame. just bend a U shaped frame and install it in your plenum. you can cut a hole in the blower section for make up air and mount the filter carrier outside of the furnace. most cases the filter media will be too large for the plenum (hot or cold) so you'll need to install it at an angle.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =