Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clare furnace

Hello,

I have a clare 1983 as says the installation Tag, Just I have noticed, when I leave the Thermostat on Head and Fan is on Auto, when I approach the Furnace, I hear a nosie looks like fan motor is working. I opend the cover and saw, Yes it is really working but with a very low noise, but it is turning, once the Fire comes out the Fan will go more strong and you can say it is rally working ( you feel sound from updstair), Now my question is, the Fan should be on all the Time? ( like this?)

I made sure fan is not on " ON " on thermostat but and it is " Auto".

Any help highly appreciated

might be a variable A/C drive motor controller that is controlling the motor speed
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Originally posted by Java_Bob View Post
      might be a variable A/C drive motor controller that is controlling the motor speed
      So it is correct? the motor should work all the time, even wehn the Fire is off?

It is consuming electricity and I belive the fan should comes on only when the Fire Burner starts, not all the time.

Thank you for help, and plese keep up helping me wit this to fix it,

THank YOU

Comment

maybe they can help ..

Contacting Clare
        Phone:
        ICP Customer Support: (931) 359-3511
        Is it beer thirty??

Comment

check your plenum fan limit switch. it may be adjusted so low on the lower limit that it runs all the time. it should start around 90 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            check your plenum fan limit switch. it may be adjusted so low on the lower limit that it runs all the time. it should start around 90 degrees.
            Can you please let me where it is located and how it is looks like,

Thanks for Help

Comment

on the hot air plenum - that galvanized sheet metal enclosure look for a rectangular box with a white knob coming out of it. if you remove the cover you'll see an aluminum disk that revolves. it has two indicator levers on it. one is for high limit one is for low limit. the white knob is for manual on if you pull it out. push it in and it's automatic on-off.

Comment

plenum fan limit switch

I found it, inside there is a metal circular part, there are 3 indicators that I belive they are adjustable. what degrees those indicators should be adjusted to? two of them are at high and low degress andother one sitting between thse trwo and close to lower limit.

Should I rotate the Aluminimum circular part? or indicatros to adjust?

thank you

Comment

just the pointers don't rotate the disk. it is connected to the inside temperature bi-metal. if you do turn it to an extreme you'll mess up the calibration of the device - At $185 per limit I wouldn't want to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                    just the pointers don't rotate the disk. it is connected to the inside temperature bi-metal. if you do turn it to an extreme you'll mess up the calibration of the device - At $185 per limit I wouldn't want to replace it.
                    Thanks for help,but I thiink this part is O.K. My problem is: fan is working constantly, when the Fire is OFF it works very silent and gently, but when Fire is On, the sound of motor will be changed and works like normal. My problem is why it is working even the Thermostat is OFF? it works in silent mode, if go to Pan On, the it works with a louder sound........ one friend told me check Fan relay, since cooling mode makes fan silent and then has to go off, but mine does not goes off.

Comment

the fan limit operates the fan relay. can you send me the schematic diagram of the furnace wiring? I can tell better if I had that diagram.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =