Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dripping pipe in backyard - help!

This happened last year too, and I think a pan in the attic needed to be emptied and bleach needed to be put down a pipe or something, but I am clueless. Water cosntantly drips from this pipe that comes out from right under the roof of my house when the a/c is on.

What is this called and what should I do?

Thanks in advanced!!!

here is an update. I was told it is a secondary drain for my a/c or similar. I was told to go to the attic and pour some bleach in the 'smokestack'. Upon doing so, I also noticed that there is something that is trickling water. Please see the attached circled items for the pipe i poured bleach into and the thing that is dripping. What do I do?

Comment

the vertical pipe is an air vent for your condensate drain pan. the other end goes out to atmosphere to drain the water that comes off the condenser coils. the area you circled should be fit into the drain pan with teflon tape for a thread sealant. that white plug should have teflon tape on it tot!

Comment

Looks to me like your condensate drain is possibly plugged up, condensation from your evaporator is overflowing from the drain pan in your furnace into the overflow tray and out your house. by the looks of all the rust its been going on awhile. Or it could be something as simple as a cracked pvc fitting.
        Last edited by hvacwiz; 05-09-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =