Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUST, DUST and more DUST.. where is it coming from..

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUST, DUST and more DUST.. where is it coming from..

We live in an 8 year old mmanufactured home and have been battling excessive interior dust accumulation ever since day one... So far to correct the problem I have done the following things: Checked all windows for leaks, cleaned heating vents, installed extra filters at each floor duct, cleaned furnace cage fan, checked laundry dryer vent for leaks, sealed all water and drain pipes where they come thru the floor, gasketed all power outlets, changed furnace filters monthly (never really that dirty) , professionally cleaned all carpets and furniture, checked doors for air leaks, checked throughout house for tell tale signs of dirt being sucked in from outside... that is about all I can think of.. BUT.. still the excessive interior dust continues.. Neighbors in mfg homes don't have the same problem.. Any ideas where it could be coming from... At first I thought thru bathroom ceiling vents when they were off and furnace was on.. doesn't seem to be the case but I am lost.. don't know where to look? Any ideas or have you experienced this problem?

I have lots of dust too and lots of dust on my unit filter when I check. So I don't understand why your filters are less dirty.

Anyways heres a thought my daughter bought a mobile home that came with ceiling fans and she had white dust covering the fan blades. I never seen such pretty white dust. She complained of headaches often. So I cautioned her that it could be caused from the stuff they sprayed on the ceiling as it was all over her fan blades.

So could it maybe be falling from the ceiling?

Comment

I am not sure of the cost but most larger HVAC shops can do a pressure test on the home to find the leaks. Could be from the orignal seams from the final assembly.

Oh and if you have access to attic space look for broken or duct work that is not properly taped, etc. I have quite a bit of dust but I have three black labs so - duh I have to deal with dusting at least once a week.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =