Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having to power cycle heater to get it to come on

I have a natural gas heater will warm my house good, but lately I have been having to unplug the power to it to get the unit to work. After I power cycle it, it warms the house to the temp on the thermostat. Then to get it to kick back on I am having to unplug the power, and as soon as I plug it back in it will kick on and warm again. I am having to do this everytime now.

what kind of heater is it? Make, model number. Do you have an electrical diagram that you can scan and post?

Comment

Having to power cycle heater to get it to come on

It is a Carrier. Model #: GB3AAV060115. Series C. Serial #: 4094a20680. There is no wiring diagram on the unit. From looking around on the unit I know it was built in 1994. I looked online and found the wiring diagram for the same model #, but it is a series E instead of C. Home repair forum will not let me post the website until have had 5 posts, this being my second.

Comment

Its locking out because something is acting up and when you turn the power off then back on it resets. Look at the led light and get the code that it flashes after it locks out

Comment

The LED refers me to Ignition Lockout, it refers me to Ignition Proving Failure. It has five different solutions, first being oxide buildup on flame sensor. I am going to locate this first and clean it. Hopefully this is the cause since the unit is 14 years old.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =