Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can 1 lifter pump supply 2 monitor heaters?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adnadeau,
    Nice job getting the pics attached to your post in the thread. Maybe it will help someone else out some day. She is still humming along beautifully which I am extremely pleased about, especially with sub zero temps on the horizon.

Thanks for the "atta girl" (or at least what looked like one to me)

Jenny

Comment

pump shaft

Jenny,
      As long as you're on a roll, why not try permanently repairing the pump drive shaft or creating a new one from scratch? If it snapped in the middle and you sleeved it with plastic tubing or such, make it permanent. Use small diameter PVC pipe to sleeve it with and glue it or epoxy it in place. Or make a new shaft out of a piece of plastic pipe with some pins in the end to fit in the motor and pump shaft slots.

Comment

Oh my!
        I am all over this one! I did call Nelson & Small and they referred me to my local dealer who I have had work on my Monitor and Toyotomis in the past. I was going to call them to see if they could get the part but haven't done so yet. Instead I am going to make one! What a fantastic idea!

The pvc idea is great! There is plenty of room inside the chamber to hold a larger diameter drive shaft. Creating the ends so they are narrow enough to fit in the slots would be the hardest part, but I think I am up for the challenge! If I even just shored up the joint by wrapping it with pvc and gluing it, I think it would work. This sounds like it is right up my alley. Watch for a future post with a picture of my new drive shaft! I will be sure to share it.

I admire your stichtoitnevness adnadeau!
        Jenny

Comment

I happened to think, if the driveshaft is in contact with the kerosene, glue might not be a good idea. If you can find either pvc pipe or brass tubing (True Value Hardware stores carry it) or even semi-flexible plastic tubing with an inside diameter that will fit over the motor and pump shafts snugly, you could put metal pins crosswise through the tube at the ends to fit in the slots.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =