Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INstalling new Furnace mount Humidifier

We are hopefully going to have our fireplace installed after months of delays. Our current humidifier does not work efficiently & has an outside temp probe but is also hooked up to turn on with the fan if Humidity is required. Due to allergies I need a slightly higher humidity level and current model barely gets above 45% even on warmer days when control is set at max humidity. We have bad windows and condensation does not form on 30 deg. days. When very cold the humidifier does not turn on at all and humidity in house has dropped to between 35-40. At that point I run room humidifiers since I can NOT get the humidifier to turn on.
    I need a better humidifier that will work with fireplace heated air run by the furnace motor. Desert Spring seems to be the one I need, but can I just disconnect all the wires from the old unit from the furnace or should a pro look at the setup first. New manual states that a homeowner can install the unit but I question the hookups from the old unit?

without actually looking at the old schematic and interfacing with the new unit - I can only guess about it. the ENTHALPY control is what determines the humidity threshold. how much moisture and how its delivered depends upon the air speed through a baffle or across a drum into your hot air system. It shouldn't be too hard. After you are producing heat the humidifier should be on.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =