Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheem RGDG-12EARJR

I just purchased a draft inducer blower (Rotom FB-RFB241) and was told it was a direct replacement for an Ametek 117104-01. It did not include a switch at the bottom of fan housing (temp, pressure)? What should I do send back the one I got or is there something else I can do. I have attached two photo's

Take the switch off the old motor housing and put it on the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by tomksa View Post
      I just purchased a draft inducer blower (Rotom FB-RFB241) and was told it was a direct replacement for an Ametek 117104-01. It did not include a switch at the bottom of fan housing (temp, pressure)? What should I do send back the one I got or is there something else I can do. I have attached two photo's
      The one in the left pic. is black and is for a 90 plus furnace. The one on the right looks like it is for a 80 plus. it it metal? If it is, it is not made to work on
      a 90 plus furnace. The Rheem 80,s do not have stack over heat switch like the 90,s do. later Paul

Comment

The one on the right is the new one and it has no switch. Attached is another photo that shows the switch is part of the casting on the old or left unit

Comment

Originally posted by tomksa View Post
          The one on the right is the new one and it has no switch. Attached is another photo that shows the switch is part of the casting on the old or left unit
          Paul here. Did you read my last post? The one on the right does not have a switch because it is made for a 80 plus not a 90plus furnace. The one on the left has a plastic wheel on it and the one on the right has a metal wheel on it.
          So this means the one on the right will not work on your furnace!!.
          They also do not move the same amount of air. later paul.

Comment

Thank You Very Much

Comment

Paul
              I need an Ametek 117104-01 to repair my furnace. Will that work? The Rotom will not work

Comment

[QUOTE=tomksa;35744]Paul
                I need an Ametek 117104-01 to repair my furnace. Will that work? The Rotom will not work[/QUOT
                I don't get into all the different brands of parts and no. When i need a Rheem
                part i just call the wholesaler and give them the mod. and ser. no. Make sure you have the no. right when you call. later Paul

Comment

go to this site there's a whole page of blower motors and fan assemblies.
                  DRAFT INDUCER BLOWERS AND MOTORS FROM LENNOX, AMANA, ARMSTRONG, CARRIER, GOODMAN, ICP, INNER CITY PRODUCTS, FASCO, JOHNSON, RHEEM, TRANE,AND YOURK

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =