Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat pump fan speed question

I seem the last few days to loose the speed the fan when the heat was turn on it seem like now the fan will blow about at medium compared to high it once did .I called a tech:in to see what was the problem he said he change the wire from medium to high speed but there seem no difference.I then was told maybe the return may be the problem but it been like that for the last 9 years.I seen him remove the cover from the unit and the fan did improve when we tried the unit to were it was before the problem started.The return filter is clean he did state he had no idea or were to look funny I ask him a few question in regards to the fan relay but he said it work funny he did not try to test it or replace the fan relay,anyone have any ideas??

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    I seem the last few days to loose the speed the fan when the heat was turn on it seem like now the fan will blow about at medium compared to high it once did .I called a tech:in to see what was the problem he said he change the wire from medium to high speed but there seem no difference.I then was told maybe the return may be the problem but it been like that for the last 9 years.I seen him remove the cover from the unit and the fan did improve when we tried the unit to were it was before the problem started.The return filter is clean he did state he had no idea or were to look funny I ask him a few question in regards to the fan relay but he said it work funny he did not try to test it or replace the fan relay,anyone have any ideas??
    Did you have the blower door off to make sure it is clear inside the blower?Have you run it a while with dirty filter so your coil could get dirty and need cleaning? All return air grills are open and clear? The blower wheel is tight on the motor shaft? Does the motor take off slow and does,t want to come up to speed?. Has motor been oiled? Does motor have a start capacitor?
    Check voltage going to motor on the Hi speed wire to make sure you have
    110 to 120 volts. later paul

Comment

I did find a sharp repair man excellent really new his stuff he did a complete check of the system inside and outside :He stated for a 10 year old unit it was in excellent shape he did find the capacitor was on it way out,these are not cheap $110.00 and 90.00 to inspect the unit and clean the coils.
      I did appreicate he service and $20.00 for his lunch on ME

Comment

Working...
      X
      =