Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan running

I have a Payne PH3ZNA0242000AA and the fan run continually. I can cut power to the unit and of course it stops, but it runs (with power) whether in auto or on. Any suggestions as to what my problem is. And would the installer connect it to run all the time.

Originally posted by tbone1234 View Post
    I have a Payne PH3ZNA0242000AA and the fan run continually. I can cut power to the unit and of course it stops, but it runs (with power) whether in auto or on. Any suggestions as to what my problem is. And would the installer connect it to run all the time.
    Is this a new furnace or old one? I can't go by all these Model no. If its a older one then you might have a Honeywell round dial fan switch, Which is about 3"x
    5" and it might have a white push pull knob in the center of it. It tell you which way to move the switch to make the fan run all the time. If you take the cover off the fan switch you will see a round dial with 3 sliding bars on it. the limit should be set at 180 the fan on set at 120 and fan off at 95 . You might have to turn the fan off up to 100 to get it to turn off. If you have a electronic board
    that turn the fan on like the newer furnaces then you could have a problem in your board. Do you have air on this unit? Give me more info about your furnace.
    Later Paul

Comment

About 3 1/2 years old. Tstat is a totaline digital. Does have air.

Comment

About 3 1/2 years old. Tstat is a totaline digital. Does have air.
        Is the heat working with this blower running all the time?
        Do you have air con on this furnace?
        Try turning up the heat and see if it works.
        Take the green wire off the electronic board that go to the stat, and see if the blower stops.? Later Paul

Comment

OK lets see if I can clarify. It is a heating & cooling unit. It's a little over three years old. The model is PAYNE. The fan runs continuously. Both the heat and the air con are working and the fan runs with both. I disconnected the green wire in the thermostat and the fan stops. Took the cover off the unit and don't see any chard or bare wires no arcing, sparks or smells of over heating. Finally as long as there is power to the unit the fan runs except when I removed the green wire in the thermostat. Can't change the settings on the tstat to make it stop.

Comment

OK lets see if I can clarify. It is a heating & cooling unit. It's a little over three years old. The model is PAYNE. The fan runs continuously. Both the heat and the air con are working and the fan runs with both. I disconnected the green wire in the thermostat and the fan stops. Took the cover off the unit and don't see any chard or bare wires no arcing, sparks or smells of over heating. Finally as long as there is power to the unit the fan runs except when I removed the green wire in the thermostat. Can't change the settings on the tstat to make it stop.
            If the fan quit when you took off the green wire at the stat, then the problem
            is in the stat. just make sure that the fan switch in the stat is turned to the auto setting and not the on setting. If fan still runs then either the red and green wires at the stat are touching or your stat is bad . Later paul

Comment

It was Thermo and all is now well.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =