Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with York Affinity 8 S series

Thanks for reading my topic, my problem is as follows:

My parents have a York HVAC Affinity 8 S series is about 6 years old. The heater was working properly and it suddenly shut down. The LED shows 7 flashes which indicates a "lockout due to multiple retries". Basically the flames turn on for a few seconds (LED flashes green) then shuts off, after a few more seconds the flames go back on and shuts down again; this goes on for 3 tries and then the LED flashes red 7 times as mentioned.

I am not a technician, but I can handle the basic stuff with good directions. I have check the wires and nothing is loose or seen worn out. Try to reset it by pushing the "Last Error" button which I think is the button above the LED, and also the only button visible in the panel but nothing.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

AntonWJ

Originally posted by AntonWJ View Post
    Thanks for reading my topic, my problem is as follows:

My parents have a York HVAC Affinity 8 S series is about 6 years old. The heater was working properly and it suddenly shut down. The LED shows 7 flashes which indicates a "lockout due to multiple retries". Basically the flames turn on for a few seconds (LED flashes green) then shuts off, after a few more seconds the flames go back on and shuts down again; this goes on for 3 tries and then the LED flashes red 7 times as mentioned.

I am not a technician, but I can handle the basic stuff with good directions. I have check the wires and nothing is loose or seen worn out. Try to reset it by pushing the "Last Error" button which I think is the button above the LED, and also the only button visible in the panel but nothing.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

AntonWJ
    You have a flame rod that looks like a nail that is in the burner flame. Even if it looks ok, take it out and use some fine sand paper and clean it. Make sure the flame is hitting around the flame rod. Check the wire going from the flame rod to the electronic board to make sure it does not have a bad spot that could be shorting out. Do this first and see what happens. You might be able to clean it with out taking it out. They get a film
    buildup on them that you can't see. later Paul

Comment

Paul, thanks for the help. I cleaned up the flame rod and so far it's been working.

Thanks again.

AntonWJ

Comment

Originally posted by AntonWJ View Post
        Paul, thanks for the help. I cleaned up the flame rod and so far it's been working.

Thanks again.

AntonWJ
        Glad you got it going. Its a good idea to clean those flame rods every couple of years. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =