Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much air flow, blower not shutting off

Recently moved in and have had some trouble with my ac unit. When we moved in the compressor on the unit was locked up. We had that replaced and found out that the drip pan on the coil was rusted through and we needed to have the coil replaced (they dont make parts for the old coil anymore) So we had that done.... now that the ac finally works it seems that the further vents dont get much airflow, was wondering what I could do to rememdy this. I also seem to be having a problem with my blower not shutting itself off. I have my thermostat set to auto and even though the temp gauge looks to be at what I have my t-stat set for it never seems to cycle off. I think I recall it cycling off one time only so Im not sure if its just a matter of the house not staying cool enough for it to cycle off or if its the unit itself. One of my projects Ill be working on is adding insulation to my attic - there's some old stuff up there now but I'd like to add more. Wasnt sure if that was a contributing factor or not.... Help!!

Originally posted by Tinkee View Post
    Recently moved in and have had some trouble with my ac unit. When we moved in the compressor on the unit was locked up. We had that replaced and found out that the drip pan on the coil was rusted through and we needed to have the coil replaced (they dont make parts for the old coil anymore) So we had that done.... now that the ac finally works it seems that the further vents dont get much airflow, was wondering what I could do to rememdy this. I also seem to be having a problem with my blower not shutting itself off. I have my thermostat set to auto and even though the temp gauge looks to be at what I have my t-stat set for it never seems to cycle off. I think I recall it cycling off one time only so Im not sure if its just a matter of the house not staying cool enough for it to cycle off or if its the unit itself. One of my projects Ill be working on is adding insulation to my attic - there's some old stuff up there now but I'd like to add more. Wasnt sure if that was a contributing factor or not.... Help!!
    As far as the blower not turning off , is the outside unit cycling off? Just turn the stat. to off and see if the blower turns off. Air flow can get get a little tricky. To get the right air flow we have to size the blower and ducts, the amount of opening, size of return air. If you look at your blower, you should have several speeds. Heating would be one speed and cooling a higher
    speed. You can check and see what speed your air is on. On your electronic
    board you will see a post marked cool, see what color wire is on that post.
    Then tell me what color wires are coming from your blower to the board.
    Also when the air is going , check the temp of the air going into the return
    air register and what the temp is coming out of the closes hot air register.
    If you are getting up over 20 degrees you need to go to a faster blower speed, make sure your air filter is clean. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =