Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! ac not working

Hi I'm new to this forum I happen to find it when i was looking for solutions to my problem and I'm hoping you experts can help me, my problems is that my fan for my ac (inside unit) doesn't work you can hear the click for the ac to go on but the fan doesn't go on, i open the unit and if i start the fan with my hand then it starts working but as soon as it stop it doesn't turn on again, My question is if i replaced the fan motor capacitor fix my problem? please help... Thank you

Originally posted by angelp1015 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this forum I happen to find it when i was looking for solutions to my problem and I'm hoping you experts can help me, my problems is that my fan for my ac (inside unit) doesn't work you can hear the click for the ac to go on but the fan doesn't go on, i open the unit and if i start the fan with my hand then it starts working but as soon as it stop it doesn't turn on again, My question is if i replaced the fan motor capacitor fix my problem? please help... Thank you
    It sounds like you are on the right track. If the fan roll free and does not start until you spin it then change the capacitor. I would take the blower out , make sure it clean, oil if it has oilers. Later Paul

Comment

do all blowers need oil? I'm sorry i askd so many questions but I want to make sure i do it right, i was reading thru some of the previous posts to find answers, do you know of a placed to buy parts online or is it better to find a local store? Again thank you

Comment

local is always better, but W.W. GRAINGER is a good source for replacement motors

Comment

thanks to both of yo for the help provided

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            local is always better, but W.W. GRAINGER is a good source for replacement motors
            I've bought from granger before, they're a great place

Comment

Working...
            X
            =