Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC blowing cold air

Oh its miserably humid & 94F, and I decided to turn on the AC for the first time this year.

Thermostat Settings
    Auto
    Cool

It is lightly blowing cool air, but when I look out of the window.. the fan isnt turning in the unit.
    I turned the thermostat back off, as I dont want something to burn out etc...until I asked you guys here.

The circuit breaker is fine..altho I didnt think that was a problem, but checked anyway.
    Now I dont know what to do .

PS. It feels cooler than just a fan breeze... but its so hot I might just think it feels cool.
    Last edited by IvaBeenTryin; 06-13-2010, 02:15 PM. Reason: add detail

Air conditioner

Did you check the disconnect panel outside by the unit itself? that would likely trip first!

consultsteve.com

Comment

If the fan in the AC unit is not turning then your not getting conditioned air, the air your feeling is simply from the air handler that actually pushes the air around your house via the ducting system.
      Like previously mentioned check the disconnect panel at your AC unit, if that is not a problem then I think your best bet is going to be an HVAC contractor.
      It could be as simple as a relay issue.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thank You both

I didnt want to call someone if it might be an easy fix. I know they are
        probably very busy, with it being so hot. But it looks like this is the only option left

Thank You both for your imput.
        Last edited by IvaBeenTryin; 06-13-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =