Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant blower 310aav066110

Hello,

I have a Bryant furnace. Couple days ago, I started hearing a noise coming from the blower every 3-4 seconds. I let it run for about 1 hour and then it started getting pretty loud. Opened up the front cover and the noise does seem to come from the blower. When I turn it off, the blower gradually stops, but the noise stops. The noise starts after like 1-2 second when the blower goes to full speed. I thought something has been sucked into the blower. I had someone come and take out the blower, but he could not find any loose items inside it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I can record and post a mpg movie, if needed. ALL HELP, in this 100 degree weather IS APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by kkashi View Post
    Hello,

I have a Bryant furnace. Couple days ago, I started hearing a noise coming from the blower every 3-4 seconds. I let it run for about 1 hour and then it started getting pretty loud. Opened up the front cover and the noise does seem to come from the blower. When I turn it off, the blower gradually stops, but the noise stops. The noise starts after like 1-2 second when the blower goes to full speed. I thought something has been sucked into the blower. I had someone come and take out the blower, but he could not find any loose items inside it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I can record and post a mpg movie, if needed. ALL HELP, in this 100 degree weather IS APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance.
    Take the blower out and take a real close look at it. Check for broken welds which let a fins rattle. Make sure the wheel is
    tightened down good. Make sure you don't have a bad sagging blower wheel
    so it hits the gage. Take a hold of the blower wheel and see how much end
    play you have back and forth. When the motor comes up to speed too much
    end play will through the wheel out so it can hit the housing, especial if you have a little sagging. later paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul52446m View Post
      Take the blower out and take a real close look at it. Check for broken welds which let a fins rattle. Make sure the wheel is
      tightened down good. Make sure you don't have a bad sagging blower wheel
      so it hits the gage. Take a hold of the blower wheel and see how much end
      play you have back and forth. When the motor comes up to speed too much
      end play will through the wheel out so it can hit the housing, especial if you have a little sagging. later paul
      Thanks for your reply.
      I took out the blower out, start it and no noise. Slide it back in, and noise starts again. With blower out and running, I slide a plate on top of blower, and noise starts! It seems like that when there is a cover on top and makes the air push back into blower, it makes the fins hit the housing.

I tried to see if the fins are scratched, but didn't really see anything;
      I loosened the blower shaft screw and moved the blower so that it would have enough room between ends, tightened the screw, same issue;
      checked the fins, they don't seem to have any scratches,
      checked inside the housing, no loose items

Its driving me crazy. Any ideas what could cause this? Do you think that blower is somehow unaligned and I need to change?
      I could try to record and post it somewhere to see what I am talking about.

Thanks.

Comment

loosen and tighten opposing frame screws on the fan to base. you may need to install a brace between the fan housing and the a/c itself.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =