Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell T8411R losing power intermittently

I have an American Standard Heat Pump, 2 months old. The thermostat loses power, no display nothing works on it and then it will turn back on and the ac will come on for maybe ten minutes and then shuts off again. None of the breakers are flipped and the unit outside the box on the house beside the unit just has a black thing that pulls out and two metal prongs. I'm not sure what to do. ????
    Shanna

the "thing" outside is a disconnect called a pullout. there are two cartridge fuses inside. this controls the compressor and condenser fan circuits. your thermostat is simply a switch. it uses a triac or diac to switch on and off the cooling and heat circuits.

Comment

do you know why

The thermostat would just lose power and then come back on?

Shanna
      PS
      Thanks for the update I wont call it a "black thingy" any longer.

Originally posted by bjoneser View Post
      I have an American Standard Heat Pump, 2 months old. The thermostat loses power, no display nothing works on it and then it will turn back on and the ac will come on for maybe ten minutes and then shuts off again. None of the breakers are flipped and the unit outside the box on the house beside the unit just has a black thing that pulls out and two metal prongs. I'm not sure what to do. ????
      Shanna

Comment

I looked online and read the pdf manual they have and could not find a "troubleshooting" area. I know there are not batteries

Comment

then the thermostat is powered off the unit's control circuit of 24 volts AC. check for an inline fuse to the thermostat. are you experiencing power brown outs in your area because lower than operating voltage will cause problems

Comment

No outages that I am aware of and not to sound like a imbecile but where would I look for an inline fuse?

Comment

look into the control circuits cabinet for a small inline fuse [glass] or a small cartridge fuse in a holder

Comment

Working...
              X
              =