Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable Repair?

On Wed, AC service tech came out for "routine service." The unit is about 7 years old, never had a problem. Tech looked at the unit and stated everything was fine and that is was blowing cold. Saturday night, 3 days later, the AC quits blowing cold air. Called the same company back Sunday morning and a new tech arrives. He tells me that it's out of refridgerant. The description on the bill says GL leak repair, trimmedout R 22 charge, compressor has acid uniable to warranty. Reapair.
    When all is said and done, the bill is 844.07. This makes no sense. Why didn't the first tech notice it was low on fluid and without anything being replaced, how could it cost so much? The tech today was here for a total of 3 hours. In Arizona, AC is a must, but I think this was a rip off. Can anyone make sense of this?

Originally posted by AZAC View Post
    On Wed, AC service tech came out for "routine service." The unit is about 7 years old, never had a problem. Tech looked at the unit and stated everything was fine and that is was blowing cold. Saturday night, 3 days later, the AC quits blowing cold air. Called the same company back Sunday morning and a new tech arrives. He tells me that it's out of refridgerant. The description on the bill says GL leak repair, trimmedout R 22 charge, compressor has acid uniable to warranty. Reapair.
    When all is said and done, the bill is 844.07. This makes no sense. Why didn't the first tech notice it was low on fluid and without anything being replaced, how could it cost so much? The tech today was here for a total of 3 hours. In Arizona, AC is a must, but I think this was a rip off. Can anyone make sense of this?
    Must have been a real bad leak to lose the gas in 3 days. If that was my co. doing your call, i would throw out the first call because that man did not do his job right. To fix leak evacuate and recharge in 3 hr. would be between $250.00 to $300.00. This can very on how far away the job is and how much gas the unit uses. R22 has tripled in price in the last year, thanks to epa. gov.
    and manufacture rip off. Later Paul

Comment

Loosing the r22 in a short time may be from something as simple as a nail working its way through a line. We just replaced a whole system only to find out that the roofers put a nail through the return line.

I would advise anyone that has air conditioning lines running close to a roof or through a wall, to take action to prevent it from being accidentally punctured.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =