Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Honeywell thermostats

hey, i have an old gas furnace, with a honeywell thermostat, the round design mechanical, not digital. the model number on it says CT 87A4471, i found a new one that is a different number: T87F2873, it looks the same. Is it basically the same one? Does anyone know if it will work?

The CT number is not a good one. The T87F is a honeywell number but the control is obsolete. The round thermostat closes on temperature increase. has a heat anticipator that matches the gas valve milliamps

Comment

Originally posted by starofdavid View Post
      hey, i have an old gas furnace, with a honeywell thermostat, the round design mechanical, not digital. the model number on it says CT 87A4471, i found a new one that is a different number: T87F2873, it looks the same. Is it basically the same one? Does anyone know if it will work?
      The T872873 will work fine. You will have to check the amp draw at the thermostat and set the heat anticipator to match your reading.
      Checking this out will be different depending on if you have a millivolt, or a 24 volt gas valve. The T872873 is not made for a millivolt system, but it will work fine on a 24 volt system. The reason they did away with the stat is the mercury
      switch. So don't let your kids eat the thermostat. Later Paul

Comment

thermostat question

thanks guys, one more question, i believe it's a 24 volt gas furnace, it's an old coleman gas furnace, it says 70,000 btu input and 49,000 output model # 2004C. Or, as my son says: it was made in the early 17th century. Anyhoo... won't any 24 V 2 wire heat only thermostat do the job??

Comment

yeah, should work just make sure it isn't a thermopile type thermostat.

Comment

can't locate info on amp draw anywhere on heater, the old thermostat was like at 0 when I took it apart, how do you find the amp draw on this furnace? in order to set the anticipator on the new stat?

Comment

look on the side of the gas valve. it is printed in black ink. it is the current of the main valve coil

Comment

Working...
              X
              =