Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use a boiler?

I recently moved into a new house with a boiler. I have never used one before and there are several valves that im not sure which is supposed to be on and which is supposed to be off. I have attached a picture, any help would be great,thanks.

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
    I recently moved into a new house with a boiler. I have never used one before and there are several valves that im not sure which is supposed to be on and which is supposed to be off. I have attached a picture, any help would be great,thanks.
    all valves should be open except the by pass valve in the feed line. It is for a fast feed to put water into the boiler. it is the valve to the front of the boiler.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Now i did turn on the bypass valve accidentally i think before because i good bit of water came gushing out of one of the pipes on the lower left hand side. Do i need to refill anything? Also, this winter will be the first time we will be using it, should we have someone inspect it? if so who?

Comment

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
        Thanks for the quick response. Now i did turn on the bypass valve accidentally i think before because i good bit of water came gushing out of one of the pipes on the lower left hand side. Do i need to refill anything? Also, this winter will be the first time we will be using it, should we have someone inspect it? if so who?
        That lower left hand pipe is the relief valve, they are set at 32 lbs. so when you turn the by pass on you put too much pressure in the boiler. Check you pressure , it should be at 10 to 12 lbs. on a cold start. If you have not had the boiler serviced, than you should have a good heating co check it over to make sure all safety controls are working ok, and the burner is clean and burning properly.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =