Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler problem

I had a post about this boiler before, well i put everything on except the one release valve and turned the boiler on. Well the temp went up, high and fast. actually its still going up after i turned the boiler off as i type this. The problem im having is that the pressure needle never moved but the temp was over 120 degrees. Is this normal?

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
    I had a post about this boiler before, well i put everything on except the one release valve and turned the boiler on. Well the temp went up, high and fast. actually its still going up after i turned the boiler off as i type this. The problem im having is that the pressure needle never moved but the temp was over 120 degrees. Is this normal?
    Well sometimes the pressure gage sticks, let it go on up to 180 and see what it does. If your expansion tank is a good size one, then the pressure would not go up much at all going from 70 to 120. Under a normal start when boiler is cold it would have from 10 to 14 lbs. Depending on how many gal. of water
    in your system and how large your expansion is it will go up in pressure as it heats and the water expands. It could go to 16 to 25 lbs. Paul

Comment

Ok i just turned it off because i was worried. I did accidentally turn the valve that releases water, not sure if that would be a problem. Here is a picture of the boiler if that will help. I have all the valves open accept the one highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
        Ok i just turned it off because i was worried. I did accidentally turn the valve that releases water, not sure if that would be a problem. Here is a picture of the boiler if that will help. I have all the valves open accept the one highlighted.
        In my last post i told you what the pressure should be, so if your pressure is right, then turn it on and let it come up to 180 degrees and see what you pressure is at that point. Paul

Comment

ok thanks for the help. wont be able to check it until saturday.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =