Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New a/c and hrv on nortron furnace!

Hi !

we are planning to install a new a/c and hrv in the same duct used by our nortron furnace. Our walls and ceiling are finished so put more ducting means lots of more cost ! My nortron furnace is 10 yeard old (same thing about all the house !). From what i've hear the furnace fan must always run to ensure the hrv unit will properly work. The problem is that when the furnace fan is on there's kind of a vibration in the house. I can't leve with this vibrating thing 24 hours ! I cant slow the fan speed because there's no switch on the furnace to do so. It seems thats this furnace is one speed only. Any ideas about this ?

Thanks a lot !

Originally posted by tostaky View Post
    Hi !

we are planning to install a new a/c and hrv in the same duct used by our nortron furnace. Our walls and ceiling are finished so put more ducting means lots of more cost ! My nortron furnace is 10 yeard old (same thing about all the house !). From what i've hear the furnace fan must always run to ensure the hrv unit will properly work. The problem is that when the furnace fan is on there's kind of a vibration in the house. I can't leve with this vibrating thing 24 hours ! I cant slow the fan speed because there's no switch on the furnace to do so. It seems thats this furnace is one speed only. Any ideas about this ?

Thanks a lot !
    Maybe you should have a furnace tech. check out your blower and see why it vibrates. Most furnaces, even 10 years ago, had direct drive blowers so there would be several speeds, but you have to change
    the wires inside the unit. Check and see how many wires are coming out of the blower motor and what color they are. Paul

Comment

I'll check that when I will be home. The only thing I know is that it's direct drive.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =