Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHEEM RGDG new HSI, blower, no gas?

Ok, so we've had the HSI replaced again (the first one was bad) and its still not working. We smell no gas at all. Everything seems to be working but there is no gas smell (like the first time when it was ONLY the HSI, we smelled gas). So did we get another bum HSI or is there something more?

Spoke to a HVAC guy (long distance, he hasn't seen it) and he said there was some sort of trouble code display on the control panel. Could someone tell me more about that and how to utilize that to further trouble shoot this system?

Its 40 degrees INSIDE my house and I, for one, do not like it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by lestouffer View Post
    Ok, so we've had the HSI replaced again (the first one was bad) and its still not working. We smell no gas at all. Everything seems to be working but there is no gas smell (like the first time when it was ONLY the HSI, we smelled gas). So did we get another bum HSI or is there something more?

Spoke to a HVAC guy (long distance, he hasn't seen it) and he said there was some sort of trouble code display on the control panel. Could someone tell me more about that and how to utilize that to further trouble shoot this system?

Its 40 degrees INSIDE my house and I, for one, do not like it.

Thanks.
    On a call for heat does it do anything? Does this furnace have a induce draft blower? Is this a 90+ unit with plastic stacks? You can send Pic. to
    paulm989@hotmail.com Paul

Comment

it blows a lot, just cold air. sounds great (new blower ), but cold...no fuel what so ever. It is NOT a HE one, jsut a regular one. I have a 100 year old house, that is LOW efficiency... no need for HE furnace
      Last edited by lestouffer; 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

does the ignitor glow at all?
        It is what it is.......

Comment

no it doesn't at all. hubby is saying something about 30 second pre-purge

Comment

he says we have 2 of 3 lights on. our diagram doesn't match the orientation, but they aere in a row at the top, and the 2 on the right are the ones that are on

Comment

does the draft motor operate, should be motor by the burners
              It is what it is.......

Comment

yes it seems to, the motor by the burners does work

Comment

there should be hose attached to that motor, shut the furnace down, remove the hose and using a paperclip or small drill try to clean that port out on the motor assembly where the hose attaches
                  It is what it is.......

Comment

Is this the motor that I just replaced? I said blower, I think it was this one, its smaller, and located in the main part (not underneath), sorry for any confusion. On the other side is a vacuum switch, could that be the problem??

if it is the same motor, taht port should be clean, but what about the hose? could it get obstructed there>

Comment

yes that is the one I'm talking about. how long ago was it replaced, it doesn't hurt to ensure the port is clear. a few things could be the problem. it could be the pressure switch, it could be a blocked flue. it could be a limit is tripped.
                      It is what it is.......

Comment

the motor is about 30 days old. I'll check the switch. the flue, what about the limit??? what limit?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =