Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payne Gas furnace blowing luke warm

I have a Payne 90 Plus, This winter it is blowing luke warm heat, It is taking hours to heat the house in the mourning. I looked at the burners three blue torch like flames, changed furnace filter, and nothing covering the intake or exhaust pipes outside. Everything looks the same as always same flow of air out of the registers, just luke warm air now not kinda hot like before.Its 32F outside and it took four hours to warm the house from 60F to 68F.Normally it would of taken about 45min.

Originally posted by shnbrnt View Post
    I have a Payne 90 Plus, This winter it is blowing luke warm heat, It is taking hours to heat the house in the mourning. I looked at the burners three blue torch like flames, changed furnace filter, and nothing covering the intake or exhaust pipes outside. Everything looks the same as always same flow of air out of the registers, just luke warm air now not kinda hot like before.Its 32F outside and it took four hours to warm the house from 60F to 68F.Normally it would of taken about 45min.
    Well thats not good. Watch you burners when you have the heat turned up and see if the burners are staying on or are they cycling on and off? Another thing that could be going on is the gas pressure is low ether from the regulator out
    side or the regulator in you gas valve. Is this LP or Nat. gas? Does you pilot have wires going to it?.
    What year is you furnace? Later Paul
    Last edited by paul52446m; 12-19-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

It's nateral gas was made as far as I can see in 1989 not positive, it has hot point ignition, no pilit light just a heating element that glows orange on ignition. The burners stay on the whole time its going, not on and off.

Comment

It's nateral gas was made as far as I can see in 1989 not positive, it has hot point ignition, no pilit light just a heating element that glows orange on ignition. The burners stay on the whole time its going, not on and off.
        If your burners are staying on and your air flow is the same then your gas pressure has to be too low. You need to get some one to check it. Paul

Comment

I don't supose it is a good idea to take the flat head brass screw cover off the gas valve and try to adjust it. I tried to add a picture but wasn't able to figure it out.

Comment

I don't supose it is a good idea to take the flat head brass screw cover off the gas valve and try to adjust it. I tried to add a picture but wasn't able to figure it out.
            Do not try to adjust the pressure with out having a tester to set the pressure right. If you want to send me pic. send them to paulm989@hotmail.com
            I have to work tomorrow but if i have time tomorrow night i will try to show you
            how to build your own tester for testing the pressure.
            I would need your pic. to tell you how to test the pressure.
            Later Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul52446m View Post
              Do not try to adjust the pressure with out having a tester to set the pressure right. If you want to send me pic. send them to paulm989@hotmail.com
              I have to work tomorrow but if i have time tomorrow night i will try to show you
              how to build your own tester for testing the pressure.
              I would need your pic. to tell you how to test the pressure.
              Later Paul
              If you go to Illustration, there is a post there for checking gas pressure and how to build a U tube manometer. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
              X
              =