Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payne plus 90 blowing cold air

My payne gas furnace is blowing cold air, was flashing a 33 code after pressing tab now coding 12. anybody know what to do now?

Originally posted by copilot View Post
    My payne gas furnace is blowing cold air, was flashing a 33 code after pressing tab now coding 12. anybody know what to do now?
    For some reason your unit has tripped off on safety so as long as it is calling for heat the blower will come on. I don't have your book so i don't know your codes. So turn off the line volt power for 5 min. and then back on and watch
    the unit and tell me what happens. What is the model and Ser. No. of your unit?
    Does it have 3 wires going to the pilot or is it a glow bar? Later paul

Comment

I don't have a book either, I bought the house with it already in. It is a 1997 model. model # 350mav036060 serial #3395A03987, 60,000 BTU. Glow bar I guess.

After I tripped the switch it, the blower came on for a couple minutes shut down and then it fired up. Heated up the house, but a half hour later is giving a code 33 again with the blower running (which could be because it is hot yet)

Thank you for your help you don't have any idea how much it's appreciated.
      Last edited by copilot; 12-21-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by copilot View Post
        I don't have a book either, I bought the house with it already in. It is a 1997 model. model # 350mav036060 serial #3395A03987, 60,000 BTU. Glow bar I guess.

After I tripped the switch it, the blower came on for a couple minutes shut down and then it fired up. Heated up the house, but a half hour later is giving a code 33 again with the blower running (which could be because it is hot yet)

Thank you for your help you don't have any idea how much it's appreciated.
        Why don't you take off the doors and electric covers and see if this trouble shooting code charts or pasted on the one of these panels.I need to know if it has a glow bar or a 3 wire pilot? You can see the burner box. Is there a 3 wire cable going into this box? or just 2 wires going to a glow bar?
        Things that could be going on, A three wire warp switch pilot not warping back to start position. Dirty intake pipe or screen, dirty exhaust pipe. These things could make pressure switch open. Week limit switch which will turn the blower on when no heat.
        When the unit will not fire is a pilot burning?
        If it is a 3 wire pilot there is a indention under the pilot. Take off the cover of the burner box and make sure there is no water under the pilot. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =