Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox G12 pilot light blows out intermittently

I have a Lennox G12Q3 furnace. The pilot light blows out every once in a
    while.(An intermittent problem) The furnace is located in the basement.
    There are no drafts or chances of wind that could possibly blow out this
    pilot light. The pilot light starts up with not problem once it blows out. I have replaced the thermocouple and flame sensor but the problem still exists.

Can I add an electric ignition device to this unit (so it will lite up automatically when it blows out)? Do anyone know where I can find this part?

Thanks in advance. Vincent.

Originally posted by bml999 View Post
    I have a Lennox G12Q3 furnace. The pilot light blows out every once in a
    while.(An intermittent problem) The furnace is located in the basement.
    There are no drafts or chances of wind that could possibly blow out this
    pilot light. The pilot light starts up with not problem once it blows out. I have replaced the thermocouple and flame sensor but the problem still exists.

Can I add an electric ignition device to this unit (so it will lite up automatically when it blows out)? Do anyone know where I can find this part?

Thanks in advance. Vincent.
    There are a lot of reasons why pilots go out. Make sure burners are clean so the are not popping on hard. Make sure the pilot is clean, burning blue and the flame is going around the thermocouple about 1/2". Did you push the new thermocouple in far enough so the flame is is about 1/2" down on it? Normally if you have a thermocouple
    you don't have a flame censer, so not sure what you have. You also could have a week magnet in your gas valve. When you lite the pilot let it burn a few min. then blow it out and see how long it takes for the gas valve to click out. It should take a min. If it clicks out real fast then your ether have a week magnet, dirty pilot. bad thermocouple. or not in place..
    When you fire the furnace, watch the burners and when the blower comes,
    see if the burner flame is distorted or floats down around the burners.
    If it does, call a tech right away, because this can mean you have a plugged
    heat exchanger or it is cracked. If you have a thermocouple then you can
    buy a pilot re-lite control. I know Honeywell makes them. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =