Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 441 issue

The house we are renting has an MPI 441, which I see tons of topics on. Ours was serviced in October and has been working fine since then; ran out of fuel yesterday, put 10 gal in and it's still not working. Landlord told us the unit could have trouble pulling fuel through the line because it is parallel to the ground in some places, so I'm assuming it's more of a problem with the line than the heater itself. I really don't want to pay someone to come do something I might be able to do, any suggestions?

M441

If your stove ran before you ran out of fuel it will run after you get some fuel. 10 gallons probably is not enough to provide the pressure to push through the filters and the fuel line. The bottom of the tank should be at least 18 inches above the floor the stove sits on. If not you will have to put enough fuel in the tank to get 18 inches above the floor.

Tom

Comment

We have a 300 gallon tank, I'm assuming the 18" was for internal tanks? Either way, the tank is a good 20' above the floor the heater is on.

When we moved in the tank was empty, we put 10 gallons in for them to come service the heater. It worked for two weeks with the 10 gallons, 100 lasted almost 5 months. We didn't let it run out last time though.

We'll try putting in more fuel, thank you for the quick response!

Comment

an oil tank twenty feet ABOVE the heater is providing too much pressure even with ten gallons of kero in it. there is probably a pressure reducing valve betwen the tank and the heater. shut off the fuel valve. make a trough out of alum foil and place it under the cutout in the side panel of the heater and use a shallow pie pan. now, remove the large philips screw to bleed out the kero in the sump tank. remove the two other screws, metal plate and rubber gasket. pull out the stainless steel filter and use automotive GUMOUT to spray clean the filter. reverse the order in reassembly. turn on the fuel and press the clv reset - red button in the hole. unplug the heater from the wall outlet to reset the computer and plug it back in. now start the heater. reset your temperature set point. the unit should go through a purge of about 300 seconds, prime the solenoid pump and the heater should start.

Comment

Hi,
          I am new to this forum, how can I post new thread in here please.
          Vince.

Comment

on what subject please??

Comment

Working...
            X
            =