Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS for Chevak

My friend in Chevak has a Monitor 2200. When the power goes out he has to restart the heater. If he is visiting his flock he comes home to a chilly house.

Should this Monitor start back up when the power comes back on?

Would a UPS keep the Monitor going for up to a half hour? If so, what do you suggest, size, pure sine wave? I'd like to ship him something that would be easy to install and use.

His quote may help. "The monitor is a 2200. Whenever the electricity fluctuates, the monitor turns off. The monitor doesn't start up when the power comes back on. We have to turn it on and re-set the temperature. If the fuel column hasn't fallen back to the tank then it starts up."

M2200 power problems

Yes, the stove should come back on after a power failure. It should come back to the temp it had been set to. Now, if power really “fluctuates” the stove will show an error code and have to be reset. The Monitor 2200 has the ability to see a power drop or rise and react to it by either continuing or giving a code to tell you the power has been outside the limit. A code of E05 is indicating high cycles. A code of E15 is an indicator for low voltage. Either of these codes is serious business. A Monitor 2200 circuit board costs at least $450. If your power company has continuous problems with Low power I would get a Line Conditioner to be sure my Monitor does not get fried. A Line Conditioner can cost $150 or so. This is not your typical $15 Surge Protector. Tripp Lite has them. You can’t use a UPS unless it is a very large one. They are made to run your computer for 20 minutes or so and will only have around 350 watts at a very small amperage. You can get an inverter that has a battery as part of the system. Something like that will run your Monitor for 8 hours and would cost $500 or so.

Now, this idea of the fuel running back to the tank needs to be addressed. With a gravity fuel system the tank should be higher (18 inches) than the stove to have positive fuel flow at all times. If the tank is so low that the fuel runs back, the stove will never run correctly. One of the big problems in the villages is fuel is so expensive people will only buy 5 gallons at a time. If your fuel system is not at the correct height or the filter is not clean, 5 gallons is going to be a problem.

Life in the BUSH is great but it’s not cheap.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Thanks Tom. I will pass your advice on to Fr. Gregg and see what he wants to do. I was Covenant pastor in Hooper Bay so I feel for my Catholic buddies in the villages. I remember carrying a 5 gallon can of fuel across the village and climbing up on the tank to pour it in so I could get through the night. Timothy

Comment

I have a vented 2400. when power goes out around here and is restored, my display flashes 88:88 so I know there was a power outage. I can just shut the push button OFF then ON and reset the setpoint and it fires back up. If there is a bump on the power system the 88:88 flashes, so I reset everything and the unit starts.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =